Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ha!
It's only been like three years! :D

What happened?

Well, not a lot. I only brewed two times. Both times disgusting beer like always. :)

But I'm still not giving up. You remember me telling about a smokey rubber taste in my beer?
I always suspected the hot trub being responsible for that. But a lot of people are saying nowadays, that one can even let the trub go in to the fermenter and it doesn't do anything bad. So maybe it really is the rubber in the machine. No more filtering, no more burnt fingers!
At the bottom of the machine, there's a huge piece of good old black rubber which connects the basin with the pump. So there's wort in it all the time. And it's quite easy to replace. I'm gonna post some pics. You'll laugh...
And even tough it's definitively independent of the beer quality, I'm about to replace all the electronics. Yep, I pull out the arduino and replace it with a raspberry pi B+. I found such a great software, I had to do it.
Have a look at this:
http://craftbeerpi.com/

So, I'm back on it, I'll be back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment